How-To Jewelry: Tropical Bliss Earrings
Who says you can't enjoy the island life in winter? JJB and Sara Ellis sure don't! Learn how to make these juicy pineapple earrings with this week's Monday Maker. These earrings are made with cute pineapple acrylic charms from Shop Small with Jesse James Beads featured store, SparkleMonster.
What You'll Need:
Sparkle Monster Pineapples
Lemon Yellow Sun Mini Mix
Seed bead mix in Firecracker
Seed bead mix in Forest Floor
20 gauge silver color German style wire
Silver color head pins
6mm silver color jump rings
Artistic Wire Mandrel Tool
Wire rounder tips
Stepped bail making pliers
Small bail making pliers
Chain nose pliers
Bent chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. Cut 5 inches of 20 gauge silver color German style wire.
2. Use small bail making pliers to turn a loop onto one end. Set to the side.
3. Thread 4 rondel beads onto 4 head pins. Using round nose pliers, create wrapped (or simple) loops on each one. Add 4mm silver color jump rings to each one to make four bead dangles.
4. Thread seed beads and bead dangles onto 20 gauge wire.
5. Use small bail making pliers to turn a loop on the opposite end of the 20 gauge wire.
6. Using the largest portion of the round Artistic Wire Mandrel, shape the beaded wire into a tear drop shape.
7. Secure the two loops on the top of the drop shape with a 6mm jump ring.
8. Dangle the pineapple charm from the 6mm jump ring with a series of 2 4mm jump rings and an additional 6mm jump ring.
9. Use the stepped bail making pliers to create your own ear wire or use chain nose pliers to add a premodern ear wire.
10. Repeat these steps to create the matching earring.
Shop This Project:
Thank you so much for joining us for another fabulous jewelry making video tutorial. Stay tuned for more beading education. We release new tutorials every week!
Your Friends At Jesse James Bead