Create A Boho Beaded Spider Ft. Craft with May
Boho Beaded Spiders, have you ever wondered how to create this adorable little guy? Check out this tutorial with May Flaum to learn step by step how to create your own. These adorable spiders are perfect for Halloween or Christmas. Inspired by the Legend of the Christmas Spider, this project is ideal for beaders of any level who want to add a bit more sparkle to their holiday decor.
- Take 4-5 inches of 20 gauge wire and create a loop or wire wrap one end.
- String on a Boho bead, medium size bead(spider head), and bead cap.
- Allow for a 2mm gap between the head and body of the spider, wire wrap or coil the other end of the 20 gauge wire. Set aside.
- Cut 4 pieces of 24 gauge wire, each 8 inches long. These are the legs.
- Hold all 4 cut wire pieces together and use the chain nose pliers (or hands) to grip the center of the wires. Bend to a 90 degree angle.
- Place the bend between the head and the body of the spider and firmly twist (underhand twist) the 4 wires to secure them in place. Separate the strands so that you have 4 going in opposite directions to function as the legs of the spider.
- Decorate the legs. String on 4 -8 seed beads (depending on size) and then a mixture of bugle beads, bicones, and seed beads until you fill up the desired length of wire. 4mm round beads also work great.
- Trim down the wire to 1 inch and use round nose pliers to coil up the end until everything lines up tight. Or create a wrapped loop at the end.
- Repeat for the other 7 legs following the same pattern.
- Bend legs to the desired position.
What You'll Need:
20 Gauge Wire (4-5 Inches)
Boho Bead (for body)
Bead for Head
24 Gauge Wire (4 8inch pieces)
Chain nose pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Shop The Products Below:
Thank you so much for joining us for another fabulous jewelry making video tutorial. Stay tuned for more beading education. We release new tutorials every week!
Your Friends At Jesse James Beads